THE EUROPEAN CONSUMER CENTRE LUXEMBOURG AND THE ECC-NET
The European Consumer Centre Luxembourg (ECC Luxembourg) GIE is part of a network of 30 ECCs in the European Union, in Iceland and in Norway (European Consumer Centre Network – ECC-Net).
The ECC Luxembourg was created in 1991 under the name “Euroguichet”. Since 2003, the ECC Luxembourg operates as an “Economic Interest Group” (GIE).
The ECC Luxembourg is financially supported by the European Commission, the Luxembourg government (Ministry of Economy) and the Luxembourg Union of Consumers (ULC).
Our services are free of charge.
The ECC-Net fulfills primarily the following tasks:
- Inform the consumer about the European consumer law and European policy in the field of consumer issues.
- Advise consumers in cross border disputes.
- Assist consumers in their cross border disputes with a company registered in another EU country, in Iceland or in Norway.
This mandate given to the EIG (Economic Interest Grouping = Groupement d’Intérêt Economique CEC GIE) to operate as CEC Luxembourg is regularly renewed and has just been extended for the next 4 years, ie for the period from 2018 to 2021 by the Ministry of Economy, responsible for CEC Luxembourg. This designation procedure meets the eligibility criteria requested by the European Commission and guarantees the required transparency.
In addition, the ECC Luxembourg has been appointed:
- Since 1 January 2010, as contact point in relation of the “Services Directive” (article 21).
- Since 18 April 2016, as contact point in relation of the “ADR Directive”. “ODR contact point” in relation of the ODR Regulation.
- Since January 2017, as contact point for consumers in relation of the Small claims Regulation.
Monday – Friday 9 am – 4 pm
Accessibility by telephone:
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9 am – 4 pm, Wednesday and Friday 9 am – 1 pm
By bus (from central station):
- Line 9 to Cents, Waassertuem, bus stop Kalchesbruck, Neudorf or
- Line 29 to Findel, Cargo Center, bus stop Kalchesbréck, Reno
This webpage is part of the action 670687 ECC-Net LU FPA which has received funding under a grant for an ECC action from the European Union’s Consumer Programme (2014-2020).